Monday, May 11, 2009

Five years old!

Today was Faith's birthday. Our four day trip to Disneyland next week is the big celebration, but I wanted to a little something fun for the official day. Faith and I started by going out for breakfast. This in itself was exciting because I agreed to take her to Dunkin Donuts and we've never gone there for breakfast. Mommy always makes her eat balanced meals....the poor girl.


life's simple pleasures

We painted her nails to be "fancy"

After breakfast I could tell Faith needed to run around for a while and blow off some steam (sugary breakfast perhaps?) and she was itching to play with some kids. Unfortunately, it was too hot for me to handle being outside for long. We headed to the play place at the mall, which seemed to do the trick. Next I took her to As You Wish to do some painting. I had been wanting to take her for a while because it sounded like fun.

she was excited

She picked a unicorn

its purple of course

we get to pick them up tomorrow

After we finished our masterpieces, we headed off to get supplies so Faith can bring cupcakes into class tomorrow. Then it was time to head home. We had a great time together. Faith was so appreciative and said a couple times, "Thanks for doing all the fun stuff for my birthday". I can't believe she's FIVE! :)

Thanks Kiddo, mommy loves you!

Once Will got home from work, we decided to go out for pizza. Faith adores our next door neighbor, a seven year old named Abby. We invited Abby and her brother Cooper to come along with us. Faith was so excited she jumped on poor little Abby like a monkey. When they came to our door to leave, they both brought little gifts for Faith, so adorable. They are both such good kids and they are so good to Faith. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for making the day special Abby and Cooper!


so funny!

It was a very nice day. I know I'm gonna miss that girl when she's in Kindergarten all week. Here we come Disneyland!

No comments: