Monday, May 11, 2009

The rest of the weekend

We had quite the busy schedule this weekend. Saturday morning the three of us went to a 6th birthday party for our cousin Meghan. The party was luau themed. There was fun music, fresh fruit and burgers, leis for everyone, and even a pinata. The kids all seemed to have a great time. The Mathis family owns a few horses, so there was horseback riding too! Faith and I rode together. It was her first time on a horse so she was a little timid but she loved it. Great Party!

After all the fun at the party, we were all exhausted. After a short nap, it was time to go to Will's grandparents house to have dinner with the family. This was to celebrate Mother's Day and Meghan and Faith's birthdays since they are only a day apart. It was good to see everyone and Faith can never get enough of her cousins.

We spent Sunday at my parents house. My mom made a yummy lunch and we all chatted the day away. It was a nice relaxing day. I felt quite spoiled that day. Right about dinner time, Autumn and Nino showed up with flowers and a strawberry shortcake that said #1 Moms in strawberries for my mom and I. They also brought a smoked salmon that was out of this world fabulous. Faith was sufficiently spoiled herself. Autumn had already taken us to see the Sleeping Beauty play last weekend, which Faith loved. On top of that, Autumn brought over an adorable Disney princess toy box/bench. To describe how much Faith likes it, I'll just say that when she got home from school today, she hugged it. LOL! Auntie Autumn rocks! Although Faith was delighted simply to received the cute kitten card my parents gave her, thats not all! Haha! My marvelous mom and dad are taking her to Disney land next week! Will and I are so excited to see her face the first time she's there. Plus we're excited to go ourselves. I haven't been since I was a kid and I no there are so many new things. Hooray for a fun and busy weekend.

No comments: